Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 18, Particle effect!

I finally added a particle effect. I made a new class called ParticleObject and added some functions and a vector to the GameObjectManager to handle the Particles. one particle is a 2 x2 sprite and they are drawn out and move in different directions after the ball. They start as soon as the ball is fired away and follow the ball until it hit the first brick and then they get deleted after about 3 seconds. I struggled most of the day to get everything to work. I'm not super happy about the looks but I'm satisified it works without any major crashes or memory leaks.

Early this morning I also fixed some bugs.

  • fixed a bug that caused some bricks not to get destroyed when hit.
  • fixed a bug that sent you to Game Over on your last life even though balls were still in play.

Here are some Pictures of the particle effect:





No comments:

Post a Comment