Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 16, Animation in place!

Thanks to Stefan we got our Animation class. The class files was in our shared Dropbox when i woke up and ready to be implemented. I had to change in some other files to get it to work.
I then added a ItemObject class that are the powerups you get. For now there is only one powerup and it gives you an extra ball. Original arkanoid gives you 2 new balls I think but I think we settle for 1 new ball.

With the new ItemObject i had to change the BrickObject class so they drop the items when destroyed. I also had to change the alot of the BallObject class so its now a vector in  our GameObjectManager that holds the balls instead of just one object like it was before. I put a limit of maximum 3 balls on screen at the same time. I had to do some smaller changes here and there to make it all work together. Was kind of tricky to get it to work without crashes. Here is a screen of what we got so far:


Next up is Highscore that can be saved and loaded to/from a file and also some tweaking music and soundmanagers and putting some sounds here and there. We also need to add a win state and I want an option state as well. Then I want visual effects in as well. We are running out of time and only have one week left now but I think we will pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment