Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Switching to English.

Switching to English.


I will write the blog in English from now on. The education at Uppsala University Campus Gotland that I started this year want all students to have their own blogs. 
Since I started this blog last year but stopped writing in it I thought now would be a good time to bring it back to life. (I might try to translate my Swedish posts later)

So what has happened since last year? Trying to learn how to make games after working nightshifts coming home tired and braindead at 07:00 in the morning and getting something done before falling asleep was tough. I lost motivation going on by myself and I chose to apply to gaming schools during spring this year. 

My choice was between "Folkhögskolor" or Universities that had game programming  or game design in them. I looked in both Norway and Sweden. 2 schools that stood out was one school in Skövde in and Uppsala University Campus Gotland. 

I didnt know much of any of the schools and my main choice was based on weather. I had been living in the rainy Norwegian city of Bergen and I felt I could use some more sun. Gotland is often voted Sweden's most sunny place. So the choicce was easy.

So here I am. One step closer to my dream to becoming a full-fledged game developer.




No comments:

Post a Comment